Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year's resolution...

So, I wake up this morning to Nick's alarm at 6:30.  He's getting up and I know that I should, but it's my day off, so I really want to sleep.  I'm thinking about canceling my morning appointments that are set to start at 8am because I want to sleep in!

But as I'm lying there, trying to think of what to say as to why I'm not coming in, I realize that I do this all the time.  And we have people do this at the agency where I work, and it drives me crazy.  People who call and cancel and you know it's just because "they don't feel like it."

The problem is, I seem to do this with a lot of life and commitments.  Appointments I've made, parties to go to, church service, small group during the week, etc.  And I bail because I just don't feel like it.  And I come up with some sort of "I really need to clean the house, work from home, yada yada yada."  But then I sit at home and watch TV and don't do anything.

So, 2 weeks into the new year, I've resolved to stop it.  I'm going to go to things I've scheduled when I have lame excuse not to go.  I'm going to stop flaking on people because I hate it when I get flaked on.  And if I'm going to promote consistency, making and keeping your appointments, etc. to the people I see at work (and potentially further down the road with social work), it's time to start with ME!

So if you see me on a daily basis, if I flake on you, or if you know I was supposed to do something and I didn't, please call me on it.  With love, of course, but call me on it nonetheless.

Because you know what?  Today I went to my 2 morning appointments and was motivated to get more done, play with my dog, and be productive in my 1 hour before I'm off to the next thing.  It was worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I was worried you were flaking out on your blog. But you were not! Way to keep the resolution! :)

    ReplyDelete